11.【答案】A)Listen to the recorded notes while driving。
12.【答案】C)The man lacks confidence in playing the part。
13.【答案】A)Arranging a bed for a patient。
14.【答案】A)He is too busy to accept more responsibility。
11.【答案】A) Listen to the recorded notes while driving。
12.【答案】C) The man lacks confidence in playing the part。
13.【答案】A) Arranging a bed for a patient
14.【答案】A) He is too busy to accept more responsibility。
15. 【答案】C) He has left his position in the government。
16. 【答案】D) The man is well informed about the space shuttle missions。
17. 【答案】A) At a car renting company
26 What does the passage say about most of the mice used for experiments?
【答案】D)They sacrifice their lives for the benefit of humans。
27 Why did the so-called bad mice have to be captured and destroyed?
【答案】C) They may affect the results of experiments。
28 When are mice killed without prior approval?
【答案】C) When they become escapees。
29 Why does the speaker say what the Herzau’s did at home is ironical?
【答案】A)While holding a burial ceremony for a pet mouse, they were killing pest mice。
30. What does the speaker say about the natives of New York?
【答案】D) They take it for granted。
31. What does the speaker say commuters give to New York?
【答案】A) Tidal restlessness。
32. What do we learn about the settlers of New York?
【答案】B) They are adventurers from all over the world。
33. As the speaker walked into the living room, what was being shown on TV?
【答案】D) A murder mystery
34. What does the speaker say about watching television?
【答案】C)It is unhealthy for the viewers。
35. What can we say about the speaker?
【答案】B) He can’t resist the temptation of T.V. either。
44. Although simple versions of miniature devices have had an impact, advanced versions are still several years away
45.that can sense when to release an airbag and how to keep engines and breaks operating efficiently
46. when scientists now think about future machines doing large and complex tasks, they’re thinking smaller than ever before
47. values, abilities and strengths
48. doing the right things
49. positive mental attitude
50. manage themselves
53. A It indicates that economic activities in the US have increased。
54. C Producers of agricultural goods and raw materials
55. C People’s reluctance to spend
56. B To increase their market share overseas.
57. A. they still have a place among the world leaders。
58. B. It does not reflect the differences among universities。
59. A. concentration of resources in a limited number of universities。
60. A. Fully utilize their research to benefit all sectors of society。
61. C. By promoting the efficiency of technology transfer agencies.
Part V Cloze
1. Google claims its plan for the world’s biggest online library is _____
【答案】B. to serve the interest of the general public
2. According to Santiago de la Mora, Google’s book-scanning project will
【答案】B. broaden humanity’s intellectual horizons
3. Opponents of Google Books believe that digitally archiving the world's books should be controlledby_______。
【答案】C. non-profit organizations
4.【答案】D. the copyright of the books it scanned
5. 【答案】B. the online display of in-copyright books is not for commercial use
6.【答案】 B. It was settle after more than two years of negotiation。
7. 【答案】D. The commercial provision of the settlement
8. 【答案】Providing information for free
9. 【答案】orphan works
10. 【答案】change the world’s book market
Part VI Translation
1. You shouldn't have run across the road without looking, you would have been knocked down by a car. (也许会被车撞到)
2 By no means does he regard himself as an expert, (他把自己当成专家) although he knows a lot about the field。
3 He doesn't appreciate the sacrifice his friends have made for him, however, he takes it for granted。(把他们所做的视作理所应当)
4 Janet told me that she would rather her mother not have interfered with her marriage。(不干涉她的婚姻)
5 To keep up with the expanding frontiers of scholarship. Edward Wilson found himself always searching for information on the internet. (经常上网查信息)