1．I have had great deal of trouble______________________________.(跟得上班上的其他同学)
2．___________(我们没有人料到主席会出现) at the party. We thought he was still in hospital.
3. A good many proposals were raised by the delegates,________________(正如预料的那样).
4. Most doctors recognize that medicine is as much__________(是一门科学，也是一门艺术).
5. Some women ___________________(本来能够挣一份很好的工资) in a job instead of staying home, but they decided not to work for the sale of the family.
6．Over a third of the population was estimated_________(无法获得) to the health service.
7. Although punctual himself, the professor was quite used______________(习惯了学生迟到) his lecture.
8. The price of beer____________(从50美分到4美元不等) per liter during the summer season.
9.We'd like __________________(预订一张餐桌) five for dinner this evening.
10. There's a man at the reception desk who seems very angry and I think he means____________(想找麻烦). 244
11. It may be necessary to stop__________________________(每隔...时间) in the learning process and go back to the difficult points in the lessons.
12. The mad man was put in the soft-padded cell lest he ______________(伤害自己).
13.Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was_______________(忙着准备) her examination.
14. The ship's generator broke down and the pumps____________________(不得不用手工操作) instead of mechanically.
15. Why didn't you tell me you could me the money? I___________________________ (本来不必从银行借钱的） 221
16．By the time you get to New York, I____________(已经动身去) London.
17. Buying clothes______________________(是一件很耗时的工作), because those clothes that a person likes are rarely the ones that fit him or her.
18. It's time_____________________(采取措施) about the traffic problem downtown.
19. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon______________(克服了这种心理).
20. Please don't stand in the kitchen, you're________________（挡路了）. 197
21．There was a knock at the door. It was the second time someone ____________(打扰我) that evening.
22._____________________(正是由于她太没有经验) that she does not know how to deal with the situation.
23.When I __________________(发现他骗我) I stopped buying thins there and started dealing with another shop.
24. The manager would rather his daughter__________________(不在一个办公室内工作).
25. The sports meet originally due to be held last Friday_______________(最终因天气不好而取消了). 173
26．I__________________(将在做实验) from three to five this afternoon.
27. How close parents are to their children_________________ __(有很强的影响) the character of the children.
28. But for his help, I _____________________(我不可能这么早完成).
29. His remarks left me ____________________________(想知道他的真实目的).
30. Mark often____________________________(试图逃脱罚款) whenever he breaks traffic regulations.
31．If this can't be settled reasonably, it may be necessary to______________(诉助武力).
32. The room is in a terrible mess; it _____________________（肯定没打扫过）.
33. Everybody knows he____________________________（受到了冤枉指控）.
34. He wears a pair of sunglasses________________________（惟恐被别人认出来）.
35. She never dreams of _______________________(被派到国外). 124
36. If you won't agree to our plan,_____________________(他们也不会同意).
37. I should say Henry is _______________________(与其说是个作家不如说是) as a reporter.
38. _____________________(信不信由你), his discovery has created a stir in scientific circles.
39. If you don't like to swim, you ____________(不妨待在家里).
40. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you____________________(弄脏了新地毯). 100
41．Frankly speaking, I'd rather you ________________(不采取任何措施) about it for the time being.
42. In the Chinese household, grandparents and other relatives_____________(起着不可缺少的作用) in raising children.
43. John seems a nice person, ___________________(即使这样), I don't trust him.
44. The fifth generation computers, with artificial intelligence,_____________(正在研制) and perfected now.
45. What a lovely party! It's worth_________________(牢记一生). 76
46．Though you stay in the sea for weeks, you will not____________(失去联系) the outside world.
47. Cancer is _________________(仅次于) heart disease as a cause of death.
48. It is a pity that we should stay at home when we have ______________(这么好的天气).
49. I would ______________(不会诉诸法律) a court of law if I hadn't been so desperate.
50. John cannot afford to go to the university, _________________(更不用说出国了).
51．I don't mind your_____________(你延期做出决定) the decision as long as it is not too late.
52. I suggested he ____________________（使自己适应）his new conditions.
53. I have no objection_______________________（再听听你的故事）.
54. This popular sports car___________________（正在生产出来）out at the rate of a thousand a week.
55. _____________________________ （请你找张空白纸）and write your name at the top?
1. keeping up with the rest of the class.
2. none of us expected the chairman to turn up
3. as was to be expected
4. an art as it is a science
5. could have made a good salary.
6. to have no access
7. to students' being late for
8. ranges/varies from 50 cents to $4
9. to reserve a table for
10. to make trouble
11. at intervals
12. injure himself
13. busy preparing for
14. had to be operated manually
15. needn't have borrowed it from the bank.
16. shall have left for
17. is often a very time-consuming job
18. something was done/some measures were taken
19. overcame it/got over it
20. in the way
21. had interrupted me
22. it is because she is too inexperienced
23. caught him cheating me
24. did not work in the same office
25. was finally called off/cancelled because of the bad weather
26. will be doing/conducting the experiment
27. has a strong influence on
28. would not have finished so early
29. wondering about his real purpose
30. attempts to escape being fined
31. resort to force
32. can't have been cleaned
33. was wrongly accused/charged
34. for fear that he should be recognized
35. being sent abroad
36. neither will they
37. not so much a writer
38. Believe it or not
39. may just as well stay at home
40. stain the new carpet
41. didn't do anything
42. play indispensable roles
43. Even so
44. are being developed
45. remembering all my life
46. lose contact with
47. second only to
48. such fine weather
49. have never resorted to
50. not to speak of/not to mention/let alone going abroad
51. delaying making
52. should adapt himself to
53. to hearing your story again
54. is now being turned
55. Could you take a blank sheet of paper?