1. Perhaps it is time to reexamine the idea that college degrees are a guarantee of intelligence .
2. A growing number of people are beginning to realize that wealth is not the sole prerequisite for happiness .
3. In spite of the extraordinary progress made in science and technology , problems remain in terms of guaranteeing that achievements benefit the greatest number of people .
4. A famous thinker once wrote that " the greatest threat to mankind is mankind itself ! " If this is indeed the case , then the current situation should make us ponder our futuer existence .
5. U.S. President Harry Truman once remarked : " The buck stops here ! " His view has been confirmed by numerous world leaders who have assumed full responsibility for their actions .
6. Large families were once seen as a blessing . Today , however , things are changing and an increasing number of Chinese parents realize that fewer is better .