1. A is to B what X is to Y. A对于B 就象X对于Y
eg. Food is to man what oil is to machines.
2. ……more…, less…
eg. The closer to Christmas, the crazier they get; they become more agitated, less patient.
not uncommon = common 平常的,普通的
not unusual = usual 平常的，通常的
not inevitable=evitable 可以避免的
2. by no means 并没有;当然不
3. no longer/more 不再
eg. I am no longer that ignorant girl.
1. all the more 更加
eg. That makes London all the more fascinating, doesn't it?
eg. It is all the more surprising therefore that…
2. more than 做副词, 意为 "多过…", "比…以上", "比…更"
eg. I am more than happy to hear from you.
3. more than you can… 远超过你…
eg. The situation is very abominable more than you can stand.环境非常恶劣,你无法忍受.
1. A have much(nothing) to do with B
2. A be closely related to B
3.A be directly bound up with B
4. a definite link between …and…