Part III Listening Comprehension
11. [A] Play the music more quietly.
12. [B] The professor may change his mind
13. [D] She can’t go on the trip because of academic reasons.
14. [D] It’s not certain whether the trip will take place.
15. [D] The woman is applying a job.
16. [A] She is unhappy with the man’s promises.
17. [B] He wants to make sure that Mr. Smith will see him.
18. [D] The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale.
19. [A] She needs some information.
20. [C] Home-made candy
21. [B] Tuesday
22. [D] Priority service
23. [D] taking a quick look at an exhibit before lunch
24. [A] Through signs
25. [C] His social status
26. [C] People differ from each other in facial features.
27. [B] Learn to recognize human faces.
28. [A] Movie actors。
29. [D] People differ in their behaviors and physical characteristics。
30. [B] firstname.lastname@example.org.
31. [C] $8,000.
32. [D] See a doctor at the school Medical Centre.
33. [D] Human beings can make anything stand for anything by agreement.
34. [B] Our culture determines what a symbol stands for.
35. [C] Words are not necessarily connected with the things they stand for.
44. A list is then presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a month
45. If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors which makes the final decision
46. So there’s a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go into circulation